Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Business Model Generation

BUSINESS MODEL GENERATION.

I want to talk you about a book I read.
It is called as the title of this entrance of my blog is: Business Model Generation, and the finding of this book has been a milestone in my Master Thesis, since it has give me the conceptual ground that had allowed me to start writing. Also, since I consider myself as an stating entrepreneur, it is great way to start since it was made exactly for that.

The book was written by Alexander Osterwalder, who in his PhD project worked on Business Models innovation and since then, became an renown talker with his valuable contribution to entrepreneurs and stablished enterprises.

The author gives to the reader a tool to understand a business model, also a powerful way to «see» it and understand it even more. The way he achieves this is by 9 building blocks, as he calls them. They are: Value proposal, Customer segment, Channels, Customer Relationships, Revenue Streams, Key Resources, Key activities, Key Partnerships, and cost structure. These individuals segments of the business model create, to want Osterwalder defines the « Canvas» (See canvas). The canvas allows the entrepreneur to create an easy relationship between each of the 9 blocks, and also to modify it at will. This tools might seem simple at the start, but when you compare this to other representations available of business models (i.g work of professor Casadesus-Mansanell See table).

This is meant to be a simple entry, about the book. I will latter stress more of the facts that make of this a great tool. Also I will introduce from the blog from the Alexander Osterwalder’s Blog, peaces of information that I will considered important.

Here are some preliminary links that, if interested can call your eye.

http://www.businessmodelgeneration.com
http://www.businessmodelalchemist.com/

À tout de suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment